Friday, January 26, 2018

Photo Editing Style

I like to edit older photos from time to time. Here is a photo of my daughter from several years ago that I really like. Her expression and sense of peacefulness caught my eye as I was sifting through my hard drive of older photos. Over the years, I've noticed that the way I edit photos has changed a bit. When I first got into photography, I made the mistake of cranking up the colors to an unrealistic level. The problem with that is skin tones start to turn a nasty orange color. I think that it is most important to get skin tones that are as realistic as possible. I still like bold colors, but as you get more advanced in your photo editing, you learn how to keep skin tones where you want while making the rest of the photo bold and vibrant.


No comments: