Friday, January 5, 2018

A Happy New Year at the Mount Olive Pickle Drop 2018

 I was bundled up to my eyeballs as I photographed the Mount Olive new years eve pickle drop at the Mount Olive Pickle company. This is the second time I have photographed the event but this was definitely the coldest event I have ever photographed. It isn't all that easy to work a camera with gloves on. The pickle drop is very festive event, with live music, dancing, shopping, a food drive and best of all free pickles! The cold weather did not keep the participants away from the event. There were several hundred people attending who watched the 3 foot glowing green pickle slowly descend into a giant pickle barrel. To the surprise of the crowd, the barrel sprayed water into the air at the stroke of midnight. If you donated canned food at the food drive, they give a raffle ticket away for prizes. The most coveted prize being the 3 foot plastic pickle that was dropped into the barrel. 






No comments: