Saturday, July 12, 2014

A Bug's Life

One thing I love to do in the summer with my free time is take macro photos of bugs. I spend most of my summer with my family in Buxton, NC on the wonderful Outer Banks! I enjoy getting into the tiny world of crawling things and see whats happening. There are a lot of things going on in the bug world and many times humans don't really pay attention until they become a nuisance. Anyway, the colored fly was about the size of a pea and was constantly landing on a Gardenia bush. I used an Alien Bee 1600 and shot from a tripod to capture this photo. The second photo is of a baby locust again about the size of a pea. The last photo is of a common house fly on my dirty GMC Acadia. You know you need to wash your car when a macro photo of a fly looks like the milky way.

No comments: