Thursday, December 26, 2013

A photo in Wildlife in NC Magazine 2014 January/February issue.

I was happy to hear from the Wildlife in NC Magazine editor that this picture will be in the current issue of the magazine. Every year Wildlife in NC Magazine holds a photo contest. I was excited to read an email from the editor of the magazine that I received third place for the Recreation category of the contest. It has been a few years since I entered the contest, but this year I decided to spend some time taking pictures of reptiles and any animals I could find. I actually won first place in the bird category back in 2007. This shot is from Thanksgiving of 2012 in Buxton, NC at the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. The waves were pretty massive and the photographers were out capturing the surfers who were brave enough to tackle the surf. I noticed how golden orange the light was and when I looked back toward the lighthouse I noticed how the people lined up with the lighthouse and decided to capture a few images. This was the result.

No comments: