Friday, January 18, 2013

North Carolina Photographer - February Issue of Our State Magazine

The February issue of Our State Magazine has a spotlight on the Golden Grove Candy Company of Warsaw, North Carolina. Kirk Pullen Photography was contacted by the art director of Our State Magazine to capture the images for the article called THE PRIZE INSIDE. I had heard of the Golden Grove Candy Company before, but I was not sure what they sold. It was just by coincidence that I happened to eat one of their Carolina Crisp peanut bars at a high school basketball game the week before I was contacted. It was really cool getting to see the whole process in action. It is amazing that a small town like Warsaw can ship food all over the world. Lee Swinson is the owner and operator of the Golden Grove Candy Company and he was kind enough to give me the tour of factory where they make the peanuts and candy bars. Let's just say I have never seen so many peanuts in one place before. If you haven't got around to trying Golden Grove Peanuts and Carolina Crisp bars then you really need to. They taste great!

No comments: