Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Good Color


I recently bought one of the best computer monitors on the market for photo editing. I bought the NEC Multisync 2490 Wuxi2 monitor and it is superb for photo editing. Most companies make their monitors too bright from the factory, because people like them that way for movie viewing. On the contrary, when you have an overly bright monitor it makes your prints come out too dark. It is great as an artist to have a print come out exactly the way you edited it. If you are a photographer, it is very important that you have a calibration system so that your colors, brightness and contrast come out correctly. Here is an example of an edit I did with my monitor calibrated correctly. I use SPECTRAVIEW 2 as a part of my monitor calibration system.

No comments: